FM/ATEX Approved Static Discharge Cable Reels
Static discharge cable reels are an alternative solution to using retractable Cen-StatTM spiral cable. They are normally specified for locations where there is a preference for ensuring process operators stow grounding clamps correctly for good “housekeeping” purposes when the clamps are not in use.
Newson Gale’s “R-series” of static grounding reels offer our Cab-Lite cable housed on automatically retractable cable reel.
Cab-Lite is a 1/8″ (3.2 mm) multi-stranded galvanized steel conductor protected by a hi-vis yellow coating and is supplied on the R20, R50 and R75 reels.
The R-series of retractable cable reels are supplied in 25 ft. (6.1 m), 50 ft. (9.1 m) and 75 ft. (15.2 m) lengths. The blue powder coated reel is supplied with Cab-Lite cable which has a yellow coating. The stainless steel reels are supplied with nylon coated stainless steel cable.
Typical Applications with the use of Cen-Stat Clamps:
- Grounding and bonding metal objects ranging from small cans to 55 gallon drums (VESX45).
- Grounding and bonding metal objects ranging from open top 55 gallon drums to large totes and IBCs (VESX90).
Easy and flexible installation
- Latchable and retractable spring operated cable reel.
- Hytrel coated cable.
- with high visibility colour.
20 ft. (6.1 m), 30 ft. (9.2 m) and 50 ft. (15.2 m) retractable lengths.
Cen-Stat Reel Options
- Stainless steel option with Cab-Lite coated SS304 cable.
- Stainless steel mounted swivel provides 130º rotation.
Certification / Technical
ATEX Certified / Factory Mutual approved